Babies don’t come with instruction booklets – get information on how to care for them and yourself during those first critical months and years!
The Missoula City-County Health Department has a variety of services available for families with infants and children of all ages. Home-visiting nurses, social workers and dietitians can help design a program that fits your needs. The Health Department’s goal is to help promote healthy pregnancies, successful breastfeeding, and proper care of newborns and children.
The Health Department has a variety of educational programs and support services, including:
- Prenatal, childbirth, and newborn care classes;
- One-on-one assistance with breastfeeding;
- Developmental screening and parenting education and support as your child grows;
- Assistance with specialized dietary needs;
- Childhood asthma prevention education;
- Health education and assistance; and,
- Negotiating the maze of medical care and other community resources.
Give your children a great start in life and help yourself along the way! Most programs are free of charge.
Missoula City-County Health Department
301 West Alder
Missoula MT 59802