Turning the Wheel Missoula (TTWM) builds vibrant, healthy communities through creative expression. TTWM’s programming is comprised of movement, group-building games, reflective art and writing activities, song, and improvisational theatre. Live music that follows participant’s movements accompanies most events. At the heart of its mission, TTWM uses the expressive arts and embodied learning as tools to serve youth and the people who care for them.
TTWM’s work nurtures self-esteem, self and body awareness, leadership and creative expression. It also builds connection among groups, reduces stress and gets people moving! TTWM’s unique approach transforms school, work and family communities.
TTWM works with groups of all ages and abilities, including:
- K – 12 students and their teachers
- Master teachers and social workers looking for new tools
- University education students interested in embodied learning
- Adult female survivors of domestic abuse
- Teen female survivors of sexual abuse
- Cancer survivors